Internship: User Experience / User Interaction - Pre-development Intelligent Cockpit & Body (m/f/d)
At CARIAD, it’s our mission to transform automotive mobility for everyone, everywhere, making it safer, more sustainable, and more comfortable in every way. To deliver on that promise, we’re building a unified technology and software platform, including a vehicle OS and cloud platform, as well as a unified architecture. As a 100% subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group, we’re developing solutions for all of its brands, including Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche, and will bring our software to over 40 million vehicles by 2030.
Is this an easy task? Not at all! To tackle such a huge challenge, we need a great team. And that’s where you come in. You’ll join more than 5,000 CARIDIANS already working on the latest vehicle features and functions like automated driving, state-of-the-art charging technology, as well as a new digital ecosystem. Together, we’re bringing sustainable change to one of the largest companies in the world.
Our department "Innovations & Holistic Intelligent Cockpit and Body" focusses on innovating in-cabin experiences in the context of mobility. By considering the user, mobility and technology, we aim to shape a holistic mobility experience. Our multi-disciplinary team consists of software and system engineers working together with UX/UI concept/design specialists.
The UX & UI team focusses on the user as the center of (pre-)developing inspiring vehicle cockpit and body-based mobility solutions by working according to the User-Centered Design Process (UCDP). This implies that innovative ideas and technologies are developed based on defined user requirements, realized as a prototype and tested via user studies. A high user experience as well as a very high usability while interacting with innovative functions, features and services are of major interest for the UX & UI team. As an intern, you will work on various tasks and projects in the UX & UI team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the UX & Ul-Team working on innovative ideas and technologies in various pre- development projects
- Understand the user: Describe user context and identify user needs
- Derive requirements: Specify user requirements
- Create the user interface: Adapt technologies to the user
- Validate: Analyze user experience including usability by conducting qualitative as well as quantitative studies including analyzing the data
WHO YOU ARE
- Enrolled student in the Human-Machine interaction area (e.g. Human Factors, Psychology, Media informatics or the like)
- Knowledge of user experience approaches and the User-Centered Design Process (UCDP)
- Familiar in conducting user research (e.g. context analysis, validation incl. usability testing) and/or prototyping
- Experience in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data (e.g. R, SPSS)
- Dedicated team player that collaborates effectively with customers and other teams
- Analytical, structured and reliable way of working
- Very good English and German skills
NICE TO KNOW
- Duration: 3 to 6 months
- 35-hour week
- Remote work options
- If you have further questions about the candidate journey at CARIAD, talk to Cari, our CARIAD Chatbot. Can't see it? Check your settings or visit our FAQ
MORE DETAILS & APPLICATIONS