What you will accomplish together with us
- Define the overall strategic direction of software user experience.
- Be a leader and role model who develops the team by enhancing personal and professional competencies.
- Broaden the scope of UX activities and your team’s skillset from user research to visual design.
- Bring in your expertise to integrate user experience design as part of an agile software development process.
- Further develop and standardize the UX lifecycle to maximize customer value by focusing on user-centered design methods.
- Coordinate all product development teams design efforts and align design activities with Corporate Branding & Design to keep our brand promise.
- Define, communicate, and uphold success metrics for user experience and design within the organization.
- Calculate costs, plan budget & resources and recruit new employees.
- Liaise and align with our external design partners.
What will convince us
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, biotech, or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in UX and product design, ideally with a focus on developing and implementing user centric systems, with multiple touchpoints (Desktop, Touch systems, Mobile, Web) globally.
- Cross-cultural managerial experience including hiring, mentoring, coaching, performance management, professional development, and leadership skills.
- Use of the UCD process - led projects and teams as a design leader across all phases of the product design process from project definition, to user research, ideation, prototyping, testing, visual design, and delivery.
- Experience with scaling UX and increasing UX maturity within an organization.
- Experience in scaled agile frameworks and how to integrate user experience and customer centricity.
- Able to understand and synthesize complex problems.
- Fast learner and ability to quickly get up to speed on new topics.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent communication and networking skills.
- Coordination and organization skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment.
In order to commence working with us, the successful candidate will need the right to work in the UK.
What we offer
Our ambition is to simplify progress in life science research and the biopharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. So that more people can obtain access to better medicine. Nearly 11,000 employees at more than 60 production and sales locations worldwide are committed to this vision. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Do you also want to contribute to our vision? Grow with us and benefit from working with a Global Player that has kept its familiar atmosphere:
Opportunity for international career development: A global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
Open and highly collaborative culture: Mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
Work-life balance: Working from home at many sites
Intelligent working environment: Working in smart buildings with the latest technology and equipment
Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years and expects to grow its global team to approximately 15,000 people in 2025.
We look forward to receiving your application.