Are you a passionate UX designer who wants to make a direct and measurable impact on users' lives? Are you tired of working in environments where UX takes a back seat or is undervalued? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our newly formed UX team at Checkmk and make a real difference! At Checkmk, we don't just talk about user-centricity, we live it.
As our new UX Designer, your mission will be to champion user-centered design and make our IT-monitoring software, Checkmk, more efficient, consistent and user-friendly. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our users have a seamless and enjoyable experience when using our product. Here's what your journey with us will look like:
- Interaction Design: Utilize usability best practices and design patterns to create wireframes and mockups based on user stories and research insights in close collaboration with product management, development, and our users
- Prototyping: Create interactive prototypes in Figma or Axure RP to demonstrate workflows and test the design solution with our users and partners
- Visual Design: Design icons, components and high-fidelity mockups to enhance the user interface of the Checkmk product family in a visually appealing and consistent manner
- Accessibility: Make our user interface inclusive for all users by ensuring your designs comply with industry standards such as WCAG
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a field related to UX, HCI or media communications OR a certification such as CPUX-F OR equivalent experience
- You have demonstrated experience of at least 2 years in UX or product design, ideally in the B2B software sector
- You are passionate about delivering great user experiences
- You have a strong grasp of visual design principles and usability best practices
- You are a detail-oriented person with a hands-on mentality
- You are proficient in utilizing design and prototyping tools, such as Figma, Figjam, and ideally Axure RP
- Nice to have: You have experience in conducting user research and usability testing
- Nice to have: You already worked in a SCRUM environment with Jira
- You have no problem communicating in English (German skills being a plus)
- The chance to make a decisive impact and shape the future of a dynamic, fast growing tech company while growing with your tasks and responsibilities
- Flexible and family-friendly working conditions in a stable environment
- A agile team that embodies autonomy and fast decision making within flat hierarchies
- A unique corporate culture where we emphasize equity, diversity and inclusion
- A wide range of education and training opportunities
- Fully remote work or high flexibility between mobile work and an office in one of the most beautiful, central district of Munich
- An attractive salary
- Regular onsite events of all sorts (Checkmk Conference, Conference After Party, Company Outings, Team events and more) in a familiar atmosphere
Interested? Then contact us now!
We are the creators of Checkmk, a leading hybrid IT monitoring software for both cloud-native and traditional infrastructures and applications. Checkmk is available as an open-source and commercial edition. We are a strong team of software developers and DevOps, open-source enthusiasts and nerds who are passionate about helping small and large companies run their complex IT infrastructures reliably. Over the last four years we have grown from 20 to over 150 employees to support our customer growth in Europe, the US and beyond. Our colleagues currently work from Munich, Germany, Italy, Austria, Spain, Poland and the US.
We are a dynamic, fast growing and easy-going company where positive collaboration is very important. We are more than just colleagues; we have a strong team and a great customer community. For us, high autonomy and flat hierarchies are not just words on paper, but everyday life. With us you don’t work as one of hundreds or on purely theoretical questions but have an immediate positive influence.
With our product, we make the lives of thousands of administrators easier and help them in coping with the increasing complexity of IT. Our customers love our product and your work helps to keep it that way!