Internship – UX / Interaction Design
Team Talend is growing and we need YOU to be our UX Intern! Join our amazing international team in Bonn/Germany, work with passionate colleagues in a fast-moving tech environment. Excellent learning environment for someone who's looking for an internship in UX, starting ideally March 2019. Internship is remunerated.
Talend is recruiting an Intern to join its User Experience team based in Bonn. The internship is compensated and should have a duration of 4 to 6 months starting from March 2019 or later.
After receiving an introduction on our software, agile development process and our design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD or Sketch and Invision) you will be supporting our user experience team, working together with developers and product managers in an international environment on the following tasks:
- Design and iterate concepts, user interfaces for applications and components
- Design and conduct user research activities and analyze the results
- Create illustrations and icons
- Create wireframes, high and low fidelity prototypes
- Develop and design user interaction specifications and visual guidelines
- Advanced student in a department with focus on design, interaction design, information science, multimedia or similar
- Interest and good knowledge on usability and user experience
- Good knowledge on creating wireframes, prototypes and design tools mentioned above
- Applicant with visual design skills are preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English;
Applications with project examples presenting your skills are preferred.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in agile software development processes within an international environment
- Working in an international design team with an open culture - where you can bring in your ideas and take responsibility
- Some travels to France might be proposed
- Top modern office with ideal location (directly at the Bonn UN Campus and the Rheinaue)
- Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks and fruits
- You want go for a running during the lunch break? No problem, we have a shower
- Action Room with Nintendo Switch, PS4Pro, Kicker, as well as a Relaxation Room
Talend is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud, data and application integration space. We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are thought leaders in data integration, cloud, and big data, and they represent some of the biggest and best names in retail, financial services, consumer products, and business services.
We enable data driven companies to be more effective at what they do by providing them with the tools, infrastructure, and guidance to make informed business decisions. Our architecture and technology uniquely position us to take advantage of constant innovation in data and processing technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark. As a result, we provide the fastest, most scalable data integration platform in the industry, and we support Big Data natively. Data, analytics, and predictable forecasts are becoming ever more important to us as our company reaches its next phase of maturity and reporting requirements.
Talend is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
We look forward to receiving your application!